St. Anne Outreach
Serving the Needs of Our Community
How We Help
Our primary mission is to provide food and clothing to those in great need or in emergency situations. Very limited financial assistance for utilities, rent and prescription costs may also be provided, dependent upon the availability of funds. Our secondary mission is to provide the following items when donated: items for the care of infants, linens and blankets, fans, items for elderly care, toiletries, small household items and school supplies.
Who We Help
We serve families residing in Muscogee County, including single parents, the elderly, displaced families, recovering drug or alcohol addicts, victims of crime/abuse, the medically ill and the mentally or physically disabled.
● Grocery Assistance – a week of groceries for any family in crisis in Muscogee County. Limited to a maximum of four visits annually.
● Friends and Neighborhood Network Grocery Co-op – bi-weekly groceries, nutritional and health information and spiritual ministry open to anyone that is a member of a Catholic parish or organization in the Columbus Deanery. Contact us at StAnneFann@gmail.com or call the main line for more information.
● Clothing Assistance – gently worn clothing and shoes are available to anyone in need in Columbus or Phenix City region.
● Success Return to Work Program – Work clothing and footwear for individuals starting employment in Columbus or Phenix City region.
● Utility Assistance Program – Limited financial assistance for electric, water or gas bills when funding is available for Muscogee County residents.
● Rental Assistance Clinic – To enroll, please call 706-568-1592 beginning at 11 a.m. on the THIRD Tuesday of the Month. Financial assistance, advocacy and budgeting guidance provided with priority given to families with eviction notices. Open to residents of Columbus/Phenix City.
● Medical Assistance – Depends, Ensure nutritional supplement, limited prescription assistance. Please call or email for more information.
How You Can Help
Volunteering is open to anyone that wants to assist others in need in a dignified, nonjudgmental, loving manner. You can help pack groceries, sort clothing, or directly assist families in need. Training is provided. You are welcome to come by any morning, Monday – Thursday for a tour of our facility and learn more about how to become part of our mission.
There are also several day and evening volunteer positions for drivers to either pick up or deliver food and donations from area businesses or agencies. Please contact us directly for more information.
Any youth age 12 and older may volunteer at the Outreach Center. Youth must agree to the Youth Volunteer Guidelines and have permission of an adult guardian. Please download the YOUTH GUIDELINES here.
Financial donations may be made directly to St. Anne Community Outreach, 1820 Box Road, Columbus, GA 31907 or through this one-time payment portal.
Donations In Kind
We are in great need of the following items:
Gently used or new:
● Unopened canned or dry goods
● New Diapers, depends, feminine hygiene products
● Office and school supplies
FY2019 ANNUAL REPORT
FY2018 ANNUAL REPORT
FY2017 ANNUAL REPORT
St. Anne Community Outreach is a member organization of Catholic Charities of South Georgia. It is a 501C-3, designated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. St. Anne Community Outreach is the recipient of Muscogee County Emergency Food and Shelter funds and is a United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley partner. St. Anne Community Outreach participates in the United States Department of Agriculture and Georgia Nutritional Assistance programs.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, St. Anne Community Outreach is prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Core Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-Noon
THIRD Sunday of the Month - 9 a.m. to Noon
1820 Box Road, Columbus, GA 31907
St. Anne Community Outreach is located directly behind St. Anne Catholic Church. From I-185, take exit 6 and head east on Macon Road. Then, turn right on Box Road.
All Services are by Appointment Only
Our appointment line 706-568-1592 is open 9 – 10am Monday – Thursday. Appointments can be requested by email email@example.com