Always Together - Our Response to the Coronavirus
Because of the Governor's shelter in place order the Diocese has instructed us to take the following steps:
- The Church must be kept locked until further notice (understandable, but very sad).
- All scheduled confessions must be cancelled until further notice .
- The distribution of Palms is discontinued.
- The Parish Office is closed until the shelter in place order is lifted.
- Our staff will be working from home and checking phone messages.
- The Masses and liturgies will continue to be streamed online.
- A mailing entitled Holy Week at Home was mailed to ever household today.
The Parish Leadership team met last night in light of the Governor's order to close public schools and shelter in place. Here are the results of the meeting:
- All liturgical celebrations will continue to be streamed on the internet.
- Our School's Distance Learning program will continue and we will finish the year strong.
- Our Outreach Center will remain open staffed by volunteers and staff members.
- The Parish Office will close and our office staff will work from home.
- The Holy Week at Home packets are being bulk mailed to every active parishioner today.
- Our Outreach Program will continue to distribute food twice a week call Outreach for more information.
- St. Anne Parish is organizing a new ministry to make masks for those in our parish and city-wide community who need them. Members of the Sewing Circle are already working on this, but if you have a sewing machine, some basic sewing skills, and some time on your hands, we need your help! Interested in being involved? Contact Margo Truett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Wednesday evenings in April, families are invited to join us for virtual Story Time with Your Friars. Fr. Robert, Fr. Manny and Fr. Paul will read to our young parishioners, and give them virtual fist-bumps and shout-outs during each broadcast. Story Time will be streamed on the parish Facebook Page and St. Anne Live. If you comment on Facebook during the broadcast, the friars will try to give a shout-out or two to the little ones. Story Time will take place on Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. after the Rosary on our streaming platforms.
- Attention, Winn Dixie shoppers! Throughout April, St. Anne Community Outreach will receive a $1 donation from each purchase of the grocery store's $2.50 reusable Community Bags at the Winn-Dixie located at 4231 Macon Road, Columbus GA.
Do you really have to disinfect everything you bring home from the Supermarket?
Here is what one microbiologist and expert on food safety has to say.
Outreach Ramping up
- Today (Monday)10,000 lbs of food was delivered to Outreach for our Coronavirus Response Effort. Thank goodness there were several soldiers who were willing to help us unload the truck and get it stored. I don't know what we would have done without them. Thank you thank you thank you
The printed Bulletins did not arrive this week
- The friars started a parish blog to share things which will help us grow closer to our Lord and each other
- To access the blog simple click on the blog in the main navigation menu or the following link stannecsg.com/blog
Sunday Mass Schedule
- Mass Celebrated @ 8:00 AM
- Mass Rebroadcast @10:30 AM
- 10:30 Mass Streamed (English) - due to technical difficulties, this Mass occurred at 4 p.m.
- 12:15 Mass Streamed (Spanish)
- 4 p.m. Confessions will be held in the covered school walkway next to the parking lot. Please use the privacy screen as a COVID-19 precaution.
- Streaming Events for March 22-28, 2020
- Pray the Rosary with our Holy Father and the world at 4 p.m. Our Holy Father Pope Francis has asked all Catholics to join together at the same time to pray the Luminous Mysteries of the Holy Rosary. Visit www.stannecsg.com/live to pray with us, the Holy Father and the whole world.
- Learn more about our Pictures in the Pews project in these reports by the Ledger-Enquirer, WRBL, and WTVM.
- Per Fr. Robert's March 16th email, since senior citizens are particularly vulnerable to coronavirus COVID-19, for the time being, no one 70 years or older can continue to volunteer at St. Anne Community Outreach. We desperately need new volunteers between the ages of 15 and 60. If you are willing and able to volunteer, please complete this online registration form . The need is great
- Fr. Robert's Email to St. Anne Church
- Letter from Bishop Hartmayer canceling public Masses until at least April 1st.
- Our Mass attendance last weekend was approximately half of what it usually is. Thank you to everyone who volunteered to wipe the church down with gloves and Clorox wipes after each mass. Usually we have around 200 visits to our live-stream every Sunday. Last weekend we had 1433 visit. Our online attendance is definitely growing and that's a good thing.
- Our College Care Package initiative has been cancelled because many of our university students are no longer on campus.
- The Soup and Sandwich is cancelled for the rest of Lent. We are exploring some other ways to share reflective time together. I'll keep you posted.
- With great regret the Woman's Retreat will be postponed. The speaker is no longer able to attend and several women who registered are no longer able to attend.
- Daily Mass will be celebrated in the main church to give those who chose to attend more room to spread out. Both daily Masses will be streamed at 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. until further notice.
- Weekend of 3/15/2020 - Normal Schedule for Mass, Confession, and Stations of the Cross
- Canceled - Confirmation Retreat scheduled for Saturday 3/14
- Closed - St. Anne-Pacelli School will be closed until April 6
- Canceled - Youth Group Meetings in March
- Canceled - Sunday School until April 6
- Fr. Robert Always Together Announcement Video